Today is the PERFECT time for goal setting for the year if you didn’t at the end of 2017.
Set some goals that will be meaningful to your business. Here are some examples:
- Post on your social media platforms 2+ times each week (e.g. Facebook, Pinterest, post in a group on LinkedIn, etc.). Some require more (Twitter), some will require less (YouTube), and most will benefit from at least two postings each week.
- Network! Make 5 new contacts a month.
- Customer referrals – make contact with 5 “old” contacts a month – those you haven’t talked with in a long time.
- Take one hour each week to brainstorm new ideas for your business. You don’t have to do anything about it right away. Just let the idea of creativity be a part of your planned workday. The important ideas will resurface and they will get done.
- One of my favorites: Choose a priority list for the day. Pick 3 to 5 items that MUST get done today! Write them down and cross them off as you accomplish them. Face it, many of us have very messy work days. We do not get the luxury of methodically working on one project to completion and then start another.
- Choose one frog every day. Do you remember the book: Eat That Frog! This is a book by Bryan Tracy. The idea in it is to do the least desirable activity that is also very important, first. This way you can feel the success and momentum of getting that task out of the way. After you have “eaten the frog”, you can do anything!
- Post one picture or comment each week highlighting your product on strategic places around the internet. This is great for the credibility of your business and website – answer questions on Q&A sites, directories, industry-specific sites, etc.
- Add new content to your website weekly – freshen up old blog posts, add to annual lists, etc.
- Search your company name on the internet to see what comes up. Is there some damage control needed or great reviews to highlight on your own online assets? This is the best way to manage your online reputation. Keep informed on where your name and company name are being used.
Oh, the list goes on and on. Try not to over commit yourself. It can be overwhelming if there are too many items on the list. Goal setting shouldn’t be overwhelming. Focus on 3 to 5, set measurable goals and start with those!