Startup Business Need to get their internet presence up as fast as possible.
A new business needs to have their new website up as soon as possible so the business owner can get to the business of doing what they do best – run their business! The website doesn’t have to be a show stopper to start, in content or cost. Get off the ground with a starter website that has the main fundamentals to meet basic SEO checklist, user experience and represents your business in a professional way. In addition to the following list of technical website items, this article on “Must Have Items for Your Basic Internet Presence” is a good start. You may have more, these are just some basics.
I know many of these seem obvious, but it never hurts to have a checklist. When reviewing your development website (before it goes live), be sure to check that the following items have been taken care of. If not, it is ideal to question your website developer how these items will be worked out before going live.
New Website Launch Checklist:
- Spelling and grammar – make sure these are correct.
- Links – make sure they work and open in a new window where needed.
- Contact details are correct!
- Ensure you have a website backup plan.
- Meta Data – are the titles, descriptions, and image alt tags complete?
- Browser check – verify your site looks good in major browsers – use a browser check tool.
- AMP is now a standard – make sure pages on your site are using it.
- Security Certificate (SSL) – again, now a standard for website, along with being responsive in design.
There are many other areas that also need to be in working order for your new website. This is a short list to help you cover the fundamentals that are important for your basic internet presence to get kicked off. You would also be wise to get started with a website that has room to grow. As you get your business underway, you will find more pages that needed to be added to your website such as an event calendar, email capture, more pictures of products or services, more in-depth description of your services. There is a lot to consider as you start your business. Don’t let your new website be a bottle neck.
Check out our #BIPPlan Basic for the starter website to get your new business begin gaining online momentum.